Friday, March 15, 2013

REST

Rest. It makes me think of the supernatural rest we can experience in Jesus when we just remember to go to Him with our weary bones.

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer almost 3 years ago to the day I was wrought with anxiety and fear. When you are faced with this awful knowing, the facts are not your friends. Google became my worst enemy telling me everything I didn't want to hear about my husbands chances.  Rushing to tests, surgeries, chemo, all of it was so tiring and had my edges worn and frayed, I was only holding together by the slimmest of threads.

Then I came to the point where I didn't want to hear anymore of it, no website, no brochure, no one knew what was going to happen to my husband except God. He is the one who numbers our days, no one else. I turned to God, I trusted Him for the outcome. That was His will would be done. I soaked in His word and prayed countless prayers. I breathed Romans 8:28.

In that, I found rest that cannot be explained with human terms. During the most difficult time of my life, I had rest. The rest that comes with turning everything over to Him. The rest that only He can provide.

He is tried and true. His love is never-ending and the comfort He provides is like none other.

*********************************************************************************

Today, I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for 5 Minute Friday. Join in and be blessed! :)




1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.


2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..







7 comments:

  1. Your post was encouraging. When you wrote:
    "When I came to the point where I didn't want to hear anymore of it, no website, no brochure, no one knew what was going to happen to my husband except God." I thought that is how we humans are, it takes coming to the END of us. Blessings to you.
    ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! I could not imagine having to go through that! Resting in Him definitely gives us the strength to endure. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only God can give us His rest! Thanks so much, this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good writing on today's word :) I can relate to this and love how you expressed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious testimony! I always look for answers earth-side too, when health issues arise. It takes me time to arrive at your holy conclusion...only God knows and he will work it for our good.

    Praying for a blessed weekend, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resting in the face of cancer, really any disease, is probably one of the hardest things to do. But oh the power and sweetness we find when we make it to that place of rest.

    Janelle Marie

    ReplyDelete