Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In Between

I don't even know how this happened, that you are so big already. You are just a few months shy of double digits! Yet in my mind you are still my baby, always will be I suppose. But, in reality, you are not a baby. You aren't grown yet either, though. You are in between.

The other day you found some clothes you wore as a tiny newborn baby. Oh, how looking at them just grabbed my heart and squeezed til I could hardly breathe. Where did all the time go?  It's hard to believe you were ever that itty bitty.


Now, as I remember how you fell asleep sprawled over the recliner, legs long and hair messy, I ache for how quickly you are growing. So smart, so funny, so loving.


I am loving this in between time with you. We have hilarious conversations and sometimes I wonder how you got so smart! Other times you are still my little boy and hold my hand and want to cuddle with me. My heart bursts in those moments.

Son,  you are my greatest gift. You are a treasure to me and I don't want to miss a single minute of this wonderful time with you.

I'm linking up with LisaJo Baker for Five Minute Fridays! Join in and be blessed HERE!

2 comments:

  1. They certainly grow too fast and leave behind a little piece of their hearts in ours every step of the way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This in between time is such a delight. Prayers for your little man as he continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete