Friday, November 2, 2012

FMF: Roots

Roots

When I saw this prompt the very first thing that came into my mind was a song we sing during worship in church. I looked it up and it is called "Tree" and if I had to venture a guess I'd say it was based on Jeremiah 17:8.

Having roots that go down deep has long been a desire of my heart. For the longest time, this was only a physical desire of mine. As a child, we moved A LOT! I went to 10 schools by the time I graduated. This caused me a lot of anxiety as I was already a shy and timid child. I longed to live in the same place and be around the same people. This continued after I was on my own. I think I moved every 6 months or so for the first few years I was living independently. Finally, last summer I bought a townhouse for my son and I to live in. Our roots are already starting to develop here. We've made several friends in the new neighborhood and are really feeling the community.

Also, more recently I've had a desire for my spirtual roots to "go down deep". I have this inner longing to know Jesus better, to be solid in HIM. I've been through a lot in my life and I don't expect that things are going to get easier in the world any time soon. However, I do know that God has been with me throughout and that if my roots are in HIM I'll make it through whatever comes my way.

If you haven't heard this song before, I included the link. I hope it blesses you as much as it does me!





I'm linking up with www.lisajobaker.com for Five Minute Fridays! Join us! It's simple and so fun!

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart today. I popped over here from FMF. I am going to go listen to the song now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the song!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. This was beautiful I am listening to the song and love it. I read your profile I am sorry for the loss of your husband. I am glad you have some amazing children. It was truly nice to meet you today. I am glad you started blogging. I always wanted to be a writer too. But that isn't why I started blogging. Come by and see me.
    Have a Beautiful Weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to meet you today as well! I actually read your post before I saw this comment! :) I love this song so much! It is so beautiful. You have a great weekend as well! I hope to visit you again soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi ! We used to move a lot too when I was a child. I was always having to start over so as an adult I am all firmly planted and don't plan on moving around a lot! I am trying to growing deeper roots in Him more the past year also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is no fun moving a lot. I'm ready to be here for awhile now. :)

      Delete
  4. As a child, I never moved, but since I've been married, we've moved a few times. My kids HATE moving and I always wonder the long-term impact of a move.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete